|Battle of Metropolis|
United States of America Armed Forces
|Outcome:||Death of General Zod; Zod's forces, Col. Hardy & Emil Hamilton sucked into Phantom Zone; destruction of a large portion of Metropolis|
Possibly hundreds or thousands of civilians
|Man of Steel|
- "There is only one way this ends, Kal. Either you die or I do."
- —Ganeral Zod to Superman
After having to retreat from battling Kal-El in Smallville after General Zod and Faora-Ul's visor's were damaged weakening them to a sensory overload, they retreated to Black Zero and released the World Engine on the other side of the globe and position Black Zero above Metropolis and began terraforming the planet using concentrated gravity pulses.
While in Metropolis, Superman and Lois kissed for the first time. Then Superman noticed that Zod survived the havoc. Angrily Zod explained that he destroyed most of Metropolis because his soul purpose was to save Krypton. Zod then attacked Superman and he went crashing through a building. Zod then went to that building and accidentally used his heat vision on the building. Afterwards, Zod jumped out of the building and Superman went flying after him and the building completely collapsed on everything! Zod tried to throw a truck containing gasoline made by LexCorp, but Superman leaped over it and it destroyed a building.
Zod and Superman then fought in the middle of the street, which ended with Zod uppercutting Superman above a sky scraper. Then Zod told Superman that the only way the battle will end is if one of them dies. Then Zod and Superman crashed into each other which caused Zod to go flying into a construction zone and Superman flew after him. Zod tried to hit Superman with a beam that he took out of the construction zone. Superman used his heat vision to melt most of the beam making Zod miss. Zod then hit Superman with what was left of the beam. Then Zod showed Superman that he could master his abilities as well, and then he took of his armor and flew.
Superman and Zod then had a battle flying all over town. They soon went flying into space, where they crashed into a Wayne Enterprises satellite. Then they went falling back into Earth's atmosphere and fell into a building with only one floor.
'Don't do this!, Stop, STOP!!!' 'Never!' Kal-El to Zod moments before killing him.
Then Superman got Zod into a headlock. Zod used his heat vision to corner a family that was in the building. Superman was then left with a choice to either kill Zod or let Zod kill the family. Superman chose to kill Zod by snapping his neck. Superman then cried because he never wanted to kill anyone. Then Lois Lane came in and hug ged Superman to help him cope with Zod's death.
Kal-El returned home to Smallville to visit his mother Martha Kent whilst a clean up operation began to clear Metropolis of the debris and rubble that the destructive fight between Kal-El and Zod caused added to the massive destruction caused by the gravity beam from Black Zero.
Metropolis citizens went back to their normal lives in and around the city for those whose building wasn't destroyed or damaged.
- When Zod throws Superman into a sign at the construction site, the sign says "This site has gone 160 Days without an accident. After Superman hit it, it said 0.
- In the battle there where six references to the comics.
- Zod threw a LexCorp truck at Superman, which is a reference to Lex Luthor, who many know for being Superman's greatest foe.
- Two references to Batman where made. Superman and Zod crashed into a satellite made by Wayne Enterprises, which is a company owned by Batman's secret identity, Bruce Wayne. Also, a poster inside a building stated "Keep calm and call Batman".
- A reference to Booster Gold is made. A Blaze Comics building can be seen in Zod and Superman's fight. Blaze Comics is the name of the company that publishes the Booster Gold comic book in DC Comics.
- S.T.A.R. Labs Metropolis was seen.
- Utopia Casino was also seen.
- Both the terraforming and battle in Metropolis would've have hit the nation harder than the September 11 attacks.
- According to some websites, the amount of damage to Metropolis here is worth around $250 Billion.